Saw this little guy.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAR-EMT40

Reaction score
He ran up to me from behind. Scared the crap out of me and I turned and he stoped dead about 8 feet away. I quick went to grab my camera and he jumped away to about 12 feet and stood around. Didn't see momma at all. This was in a wildlife management area near my house in CT.

Keith

DSCI0063.jpg

DSCI0062.jpg

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0065.jpg

Did you check yourself for deer ticks?? I love seeing deer but always worry about those ticks traveling with them.

Darned corporate firewalls...

1ADAM12 said:
I would love to see the pics but on my end they are boxes with red X's in them.

Yeah, I suffered that all day, and I was really curious, too. Looked again on my HOME system, and there he is, Spot the Fawn.

Very nice!

I actually should have taken pictures of the herds of ticks also. I walked through a few areas and wound up picking 12 ticks off of me. All were large dog ticks. Luckily, they were about the size of small crabs so they were easy to spot walking up my socks and legs. :eek: Permethrin will be applied for the next trip.

Keith

DrewKnight said:
Yeah, I suffered that all day, and I was really curious, too. Looked again on my HOME system, and there he is, Spot the Fawn.

Very nice!

I have had this same problem on and off depending on the website-in this case, I can see these pics just fine. If anyone knows what causes this, I would love to know. I think it may have to do with Java and Internet Explorer settings, but I am not sure.

DrewKnight said:

Very nice!

I am at home now and can see them.

WOW what a great expierence to see the fawn. Thanks for sharing!

Adam

Nice shots! I saw a momma crossing a side road in Chesterfield, NH about 10 days ago. I stopped to let her cross, and waited, and waited. Usually they bolt into the woods at the sight of a car, but she just stood there in broad daylight. Then I spotted her newborn fawn in the scrub at the side of the road, having a heck of a time climbing over the stone wall. He/she was probably the size of my sheltie and still quite wobbly, probably no more than a day or 2 old. I took a few shots with my point-and-shoot, but they didn't come out too great. I really wish I had my wife's DSLR with the 200mm lens in the truck with me for this one. If I get some time, I'll post them.