Sea 2 Sea Hike "Travel-Log"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Reaction score
Andrew Skurka, a recent graduate of Duke University who in 2004-05 hiked 7000 miles from Sea-to-Sea across North America has been touring the states giving presentations on his hike.

I just received an updated schedule and note that he will be in the northeast for the remaining 12 shows entitled 2 Seas 2 Feet -- a slideshow road tour ending in 2.5 weeks.

Stops include:
MA: Boston, Andover, Hyannis, Burlington,
NH: Nashua, Manchester, N Conway, West Lebanon
VT: Burlington
NY: Albany, Manhattan,
NJ: Princeton

Details are here: Remaining Schedule

Andrew Skurka at EMS Manchester

My son and I were at EMS in Manchester and Andrew Skurka was setting up for his talk. We stayed and listened to the details of his sea to sea hike and principles of light weight backpacking. We had a very good night, and walked away with a couple of door prizes to boot :D
Some of the details were amazing! I carry more weight on a day hike than he does going coast to coast.

Hey... excellent!! I read that he had door-prizes that he would be handing out. Assume that he is a rather "together" guy from reading his travels and his accomplishments. Thanks for sharing the news.

bubba said:
I read that he had door-prizes that he would be handing out.
I got a box of Balance bars, they were yummy ;)
He was giving out some good stuff with the raffle, I was glad all of the scouts that attended ours got something. :)

bubba said:
Assume that he is a rather "together" guy from reading his travels and his accomplishments.
So I should assume? Remember what happens when you ASSuME... :D

My son Josh won a box of bars. Yummy indead :)
I won a subscription to backpacking light. Now I can learn how to go light. (No Tent Peg Hammers) ;)
Someone in the group won a Golite Jam Pack!

I thought it was a good presentation with a lot of useful ideas.

Last edited: