Seymour and Seward, 6/30, 7/1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
My plan is to drive in to Coreys Road and car camp along the road Thursday night, June 29. I'll head in to any of the lean-tos Friday AM and climb one or the other of the two. Stay over Friday night and climb the other Saturday AM and meet up with the Peak_bgr/Bushwacker (Spencer/Brian) crew who are going for the "final kahuna" (ADK HH) then on Sawtooth #5. Did I get that right, S/B?

Anyone who would like to join is welcome as I'll need all the help I can get locating and following either of the herd paths.

teejay

I would like nothing better than to join you and anyone else for the festivities. Seymour is among my favorite peaks.

Dick

cantdog said:
Please report on the conditions. I will be there a week later to get them as #s 40-41.
I can give you the conditions right now if you want:

Steep, muddy, lots of blood sucking insects, difficult to follow trails, no views, rain, sleet, hail, lightening, difficult crossings, never ending misery, and a lot of fun will be had by all.

Mind if I join you?

Neil said:
I can give you the conditions right now if you want:

Steep, muddy, lots of blood sucking insects, difficult to follow trails, no views, rain, sleet, hail, lightening, difficult crossings, never ending misery, and a lot of fun will be had by all.

Mind if I join you?

At least the road is open.

Change of plans

In case anyone was thinking of joining in at the last minute, it looks like we will be changing our plans based on recent trail condition reports.

'Cold River Bob' posted this on ADKHighpeaks forum.

thought you guys might like a update, I just got back from Coldriver buy Wardbrook Bluebarry trail, We waded threw streams from knee deep to waist deep, Mud we don't even go that route, It was raining when I left at one this afternoon and they were saying rain threw the weekend.

teejay

EDIT: I will be staying in a lean-to at Heart Lake instead.

Last edited:
cantdog said:
I'm concerned about this recent news. What are the chances of conditions returning to normal by Sunday 7/9?
You know better than most about the rate water levels drop. Not much difference a day will make, unless the rain is something like 48 hours before.

Tom says to finish on Dix(hopefully Monday 7/10) and that has been the plan.
Dix is a much nicer peak to finish on. Especially if it's a sunny day.

Hey.... I told you that you were better off NOT asking about Seward/Seymour conditions. Just look on the bright side. One will be better than the other, and since you're doing both, you WILL get the better one! Always look on the bright side.

teejay said:
In case anyone was thinking of joining in at the last minute, it looks like we will be changing our plans based on recent trail condition reports.

'Cold River Bob' posted this on ADKHighpeaks forum.

thought you guys might like a update, I just got back from Coldriver buy Wardbrook Bluebarry trail, We waded threw streams from knee deep to waist deep, Mud we don't even go that route, It was raining when I left at one this afternoon and they were saying rain threw the weekend.

teejay

EDIT: I will be staying in a lean-to at Heart Lake instead.
Huh?
A litle waste deep mud? So what's wrong with that? I bet they only had a mile of it anyway.
It's not radioactive is it? As long as it dosn't prevent me from breathing I don't care.
Hey, think of the savings on sunscreen and DEET for those below the mudline body parts.

Teejay, we were counting on you making coffee for when we got to the Lean-to. Now what?

C'mon Teejay, I'll loan ya an extra handkerchief.

Neil said:
Huh?
A litle waste deep mud? So what's wrong with that? I bet they only had a mile of it anyway.
It's not radioactive is it? As long as it dosn't prevent me from breathing I don't care.
Hey, think of the savings on sunscreen and DEET for those below the mudline body parts.

Teejay, we were counting on you making coffee for when we got to the Lean-to. Now what?

C'mon Teejay, I'll loan ya an extra handkerchief.

Falling on deaf ears. TeeJay is already at a lean-to at the Loj, where we will be joining him tomorrow. Saturday's plans are still up in the air.

rhihn said:
Falling on deaf ears. TeeJay is already at a lean-to at the Loj, where we will be joining him tomorrow. Saturday's plans are still up in the air.
oh

well, say hi to him for me, will you.