Short Notice Hike for Sunday 6/24/2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
My weekend hiking plans have changed and I am now interested in something for Sunday. Perhaps there is somebody else in the same boat.

Is anybody interested in a Sunday hike? I’ve got a couple suggestions…..

1. Flume & Liberty by way of the Osseo trail from Lincoln Woods.

2. Bonds out and back from Lincoln Woods (early start, long day)

Other ideas????

If you’re interested please contact me by responding to this thread or PM and we’ll work out the details.

Earl

What are you seeing for weather? I was burned my the forecast yesterday, so I'm hesitant to take any more risks this weekend! Wunderground's showing two separate forecasts (one mostly sunny, one partly cloudy with rain), Weather.com's showing AM showers then partly sunny...NOAA's showing chance of showers AFTER 8AM...arg!

The hourly detail on the National Weather Service shows roughly 30% probability of precipitation and an extremely low total amount possible. It also shows a prediction of a 70% maximum sky cover for the day with it well under that for much of the day.

A little rain never hurt anybody. Plus, it makes some people smell better (less bad). :D

UPDATED PLANS......

There is interest in one particular hike so It looks like the hike will be Flume and Liberty from Lincoln Woods.

We will plan to hike a traverse via Osseo to Flume then Franconia Ridge Trail to Liberty and then out via Liberty Spring. This works out to 10.7 miles, 3,800 feet, 7hours and 15min book time.

We'll need to spot a car for the traverse. The easiest place for a car spot is probably the Basin lot on the northbound side.

I will meet Rocket21 in the Basin lot on the northbound side at 7:15am. We will leave a vehicle there and head for Lincoln Woods. We should be able to make it to Lincoln Woods by 7:45am for an 8:00am start target.

Anybody interested in joining the hike please respond to this thread or by PM.

The pace will be moderate (book time or perhaps a little more)

Earl

Last edited:
What I choice! I went out there yesterday. It's a little tempting to do it again, even this soon. Have fun out there. :)