Ski conditions in Adks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer Editor

Reaction score
Any backcountry ski reports in the Adirondacks since Monday night's storm? In particular, I'm wondering if Marcy is good skiing. Also, how much snow fell in Blue Mountain region? Info about other areas also appreciated.

Yes, I'm aware of that link, but thanks anyway. I'm looking for reports from people who have skied or snowshoed the trails since Monday's snowfall. Apparently, Lake Placid did not get nearly as much snow as Saranac Lake, even though the two are only 10 miles apart, so conditions probably are highly variable.

Van Ho Trail today

I climbed Table Top Mt today (Feb. 9) on showshoes and skiing was not really possible (rocks, ice, water, etc.) till after the Phelps Mt trail turn-off. There was about 2" new snow from the Loj to Marcy Dam (not enough to cover the damage from the warm weather). At Indian Falls there was maybe 6-8" new snow. The separate ski trail leading up to the Table Top trail was not broken out (except for my snowshoes) and there were occasional deep crevasses down to the stream below. Someone tried to ski down the hiking trail from Indian Falls. I later saw that his ski tracks changed to boot tracks.....

Another foot of snow would make it a great trip!

Joe