Sleeping Bag

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
Readers and contributors of this site are some of the best bargain hunters I know of. My son just let me know he needs a new sleeping bag because his has lost its loft. (He's out in Colorado and I'm here in New Hampshire, so I haven't been able to check it out.) He says he wants down, -25. Any shopping ideas? (And yes, when I go to visit him I plan on bringing the old one home!) He does some backpacking but will mostly use it when on mountain biking trips, probably those are car camping expeditions. :rolleyes:

eruggles said:
Readers and contributors of this site are some of the best bargain hunters I know of. My son just let me know he needs a new sleeping bag because his has lost its loft. (He's out in Colorado and I'm here in New Hampshire, so I haven't been able to check it out.) He says he wants down, -25. Any shopping ideas? (And yes, when I go to visit him I plan on bringing the old one home!) He does some backpacking but will mostly use it when on mountain biking trips, probably those are car camping expeditions. :rolleyes:

-25 for car camping mtn biking? Whats he biking in alaska? :D

M

im sorry I was being a smart A$$...my bad.. I will try to do some research for you today on good prices...us IT guys have some free time...HA...figure its the least I could do for being an A$$.. HA :D

M

Rick said:
Eruggles - Did you mean approximately (~) 25 degrees rather than minus (-)25 degrees?
I'd be glad to look as well, but I want to limit my search time :)

If its just 25...then theres a TON out there...thats a simple search..anyone can find a bargain..

-25...harder to find a "bargain"..

M

eruggles said:
Minus 25 degrees, he said.

Check those MTN Hardware I posted then...I dont think you'll find a much better deal...maybe a few bucks here or there...but MTN hardware is quality...

M

This has 2 1/2 lbs of fill for $150. I'd rate this bag to 0, not -15, though. I have the "0" rated version of this bag that I would rate to +20. Add an inexpensive VBL and maybe a nylon bag cover and you've got a warm and flexible combo for about $200.

I was very fortunate to find a new, with tags, in box, Valandre Nuptse (which is the predecessor of The Valandre Odin) on Ebay for less that $200, so you may want to keep your eyes open on Ebay also.

Those Colorado high plateau nights do get chilly, but it appears that my not-so-thrifty son probably doesn't need a new bag. Just a liner and cover. So, as his not-so-wealthy mom :p , I'll make that suggestion. Thanks!

Kids! I have three of 'em. When they're not paying they want top of the line everything - they just gotta have it! When it's their turn to pay they make do with just about anything.

Now take me, in my day when I was a kid.....