Some ice climbing techniques

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardog1

Reaction score
If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
Those with an interest in ice climbing now have an opportunity to compare their technique with a young expert and her new protege. Take a look at Regine klatrer Briksdalsbreen. You probably won't understand the spoken words, but the images and audio will be a treat nonetheless. (Mac users will probably need the latest beta version of Flip4Mac -- I did.)

DougPaul said:
Doesn't work here. Tried both seamonkey and firefox.

Also didn't find a file name to download directly.

:(

Doug

It requires Windows Media Player... which you won't have on Linux. And it is streaming, hence no downloadable file. DRM at work here.

Tim

bikehikeskifish said:
It requires Windows Media Player... which you won't have on Linux. And it is streaming, hence no downloadable file. DRM at work here.
Yuk! Thanks. (Struggling to refrain from venting my opinion of DRM...)

I can frequently get around strange requirements by downloading the file directly and feeding the file to Mplayer. Mplayer (www.mplayerhq.hu) can handle a wide range of file formats and also appears to be able to handle streamed data. (And yes, I also have Xine.)

Doug

Great!

Somebody "borrowed" my speakers so I couldn't hear anything anyway but I sure enjoyed it. Her falling/tripping technique is very similar to mine!! Otherwise she is much better!