Some notes on the Haute Route

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
In 2005 I hiked a few sections of the Haute Route (the hiking route that goes from Chamonix to Zermatt; not to be confused with the much more elevated ski route of the same name). Next week I am returning for more. In preparation for that trip I did a lot of reading (print and web) and so, surprise!!, I have put some Notes on the Haute Route on my web site. Should any of you be planning to hike in the area you may find them useful.

Note: At least one user has had problems with the link above (works for me!!) and was able to use this form

Last edited:
Mohamed-
In 2005 rhihn and I hiked the Haute Route. We combined hiking with train and bus transportation to maximize the mountain experience and avoid some of the roads and less appealing portions of the route. Here is a much abbreviated pictoral journal. If you would like more detailed info or have any questions, please PM.

Edelweiss

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Walker's Haute Route

I hiked the Walker's Haute Route in September 2006. Great Trek!! From Chamonix to Zermatt, about 110 miles. We did take some variations to the route such as the Bovine Route and the Europoweg to the Europahut (sp??). The Europoweg was a great addition. I have included the link to my pictures from that trip as well as Steve Anderson's pictures, another member on the trip. Steve took the time to label his pictures; I did not.

Enjoy - Cindy

Cindy's pics

Steve's pics