South Engine Hill - 9/25/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Reaction score
I took the AMC Boston Chapter Map and Compass Course this past weekend up at the Harvard Cabin, ably taught by Joe Comuzzi (sans Porkchop). It was a good weekend to brush up on old skills and get a great deal of practical use under our belts.

The Sunday exercise was a bushwack to South Engine Hill, my first 3000' bushwack in NH that was done on purpose. The terrain was a nice mix of easy woods and killer fir waves, but no one lost more than a pint of blood. Based on the piles of moose poop and the few names in the register, I don't think there's a great danger of humans overrunning the area.

We left behind some footprints, broken branches, blood, and names on a register. We took with us a feeling of isolation, adventure, and confidence in our navigation skills.

Maybe I'll try one more of these to see if it's really any fun. ;)

-dave-

David Metsky said:
Maybe I'll try one more of these to see if it's really any fun. ;)

-dave-
Dave the Booshwhacker!! Do I hear the newest member of the NE770?!?!?!??!!? Yippee!!

-Dr. Wu

It had to happen - Dave knows the routes to everywhere else!
:)

Dave,

Think of the possibilities on your BC skis...

No bugs, untracked powder, and miles of woody glades for you to explore!!

cb

ChrisB said:
No bugs, untracked powder, and miles of woody glades for you to explore!!
Not so much "woody glades" as "moose poop and fir waves". They are often mistaken for one another. :)

-dave-