South Moat 7/22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thinking about doing South Moat on Saturday.
I REALLY need to get back out there hiking, but can only do a 'shortish' one. :eek:
Have to be back for someone's 50th Birthday Party!! ;) Whoo Hoo!
If you have never done the Moats, you are really missing out.
I am thinking about starting out around 8ish.
Plus, you could always continue on to Diana's bath and do the whole range, then plop into the 'whirpool' at the end!
:rolleyes:

Anyone interested?

Christine

I think I can make it for this one. Looking forward to finally getting back out there!

Not completely sure, but I might want to join you if that would be OK? The trailhead is on Passaconaway Road if I remember correctly, but I have not ever driven there myself .... could you help with directions, if possible Christine?
Thanks, and hope to see you Saturday,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Yup, the trailhead is on Passaconaway, which is off West Side Road, turn at the Frechette Tire sign, go oh, probably 3 miles down, and the trailhead is on the right. It is a new trailhead, and has a hiker sign and all. Lets hope for nice weather, today would have been PERFECT!!
Christine

chinooktrail said:
Hi Chris,
Yup, the trailhead is on Passaconaway, which is off West Side Road, turn at the Frechette Tire sign, go oh, probably 3 miles down, and the trailhead is on the right. It is a new trailhead, and has a hiker sign and all. Lets hope for nice weather, today would have been PERFECT!!
It can also be accessed from the Kanc--take the covered bridge and it is about a mile ahead on the left.

Doug