"Southbounders" (AT film) April 8th, 2006

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southbounders

I was at the Ioka and it was a sold out show. They mentioned there was another showing Monday (4/10) at the Ioka, though I don't see it listed on their site. There are several other showings coming up and they're listed on the Southbounders blog, so check the schedule for one near you. Jay Nash, who did the sound track and is a first class singer-songwriter is appearing with Director Ben Wagner at these shows. More info on the film can be found on the Southbounders website.

I was expecting it to be more of a documentary and, although they did include a documentary feel, they wrapped it around an interesting story combining romance, emotional growth, and personal redemption, as well as a fair amount of humor. That made it much more interesting and more accessible to those who are not obsessive hikers like us. :) There were many scenes filmed on the AT and Maine and NH that will be very familiar to those of us who have spent time hiking in the Northeast, and many scenes from farther south along the trail. It's definitely worth seeing.

I'm not affiliated with the film or flmmakers, I just think many people here will enjoy and relate to this film.