Spatulas on NE100"s

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiguy

Reaction score
I should have taken a picture of it but believe it or not I saw a Metal Spatula with a wood handle hanging from the same tree as the register on a NE100 highest peak this weekend. I've been going around and bagging NE100 peaks that were not on the list when I finished; sort of clean-up I guess. But a Spatula? Where has this relic traveled from? I know that some people have certain Rituals and Mantras that they do when they get to the top of a peak...but a Spatula.The Tramper who found it on this peak wrote in the register that they found it on the way up to the top of this peak. Had I known I would have brought my stove, pan and a can of Spam for a snack.
I challange you to name this peak if you have seen this Spatula where it now resides....Maybe if you have not seen the Spatula you will find it on some peakbagging adventure and carry it to the next NE100 where we can all guess where it's new home will be.The tramper who put it where it now hangs (I KNOW WHO YOU ARE) I swear you to secrecy for the the meantime until someone names the Peak where it now resides and/or moves it to the next "Secret Peak of the Spatula"! :D

Well, the peak with the most 'stuff' on it is Dorset, so that is my guess.

The spatula goes along well with the grill attached to the Firetower ruins on the South summit... :D

Oooh! We know! We know!

We have pictures too!!

We're the ones who hung the :eek: spatula :eek: on the tree next to the register. :D :D :D

And there is at least one other VFTT'er who knows about it also as we met him as we were on our way down from this peak and he on his way up!

J&J said:
Oooh! We know! We know!

We have pictures too!!

We're the ones who hung the :eek: spatula :eek: on the tree next to the register. :D :D :D

And there is at least one other VFTT'er who knows about it also as we met him as we were on our way down from this peak and he on his way up!

Speaking of Rituals and Mantras...the word in the woods is that someone Juggles when they get to the top of a Peak! :)

Tom Rankin said:
Well, the peak with the most 'stuff' on it is Dorset, so that is my guess.

The spatula goes along well with the grill attached to the Firetower ruins on the South summit... :D

Not even close! I'll give you a hint...it has no trail and does not have alot of stuff on it...that's why it so bizarre to see a Spatula in this spot. ;)

The two most recent additions to the list are Kennebago Divide and Cupsuptic Snow, but I was on those two in August... so I'll guess Elephant, because it's low enough on the list that it's possible that it is also a relatively recent addition and it's been more than a year since I was on it.

Good Guess Raymond

Way to go Raymond...the Spatula indeed is on Elephant. Thankyou J&J for the Photo. The Question still remains Who and Where did this Spatula come from? J&J said they literally found it out in the middle of the woods; that is not near any logging roads, herd paths, or any other signs of civilization. Also the Spatula looks relatively new and in good condition. What is it doing there?
Why would anyone pack this thing into that area?
My theory is that it is a sort of Baton that needs to be passed to another NE100. I now Challenge the next Tramper who PHYSICALLY finds the Spatula next to relocate it to another NE100 bushwack and let us guess and find where it's new home is.
If you are missing a Spatula you now know where to find it...but it might not be there long.