Stratton Roadhouse Accomodations (Maine)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Laura

Reaction score
For those wanting to climb the Bigelows, Sugarloaf, Saddleback, Crockers, etc.... a very nice and affordable place to stay just 4 miles outside of Stratton (on the Rangeley Road) is the Maine Roadhouse http://www.maineroadhouse.com. They are very friendly, quiet and affordable. The accomodations have several rooms with one or two beds, fully equipped kitchen downstairs, clean showers/bathrooms. Don also owns the Stratton Motel and is incredibly accomodating- does shuttles, too. He also recently bought the Andover Guesthouse - now the Andover Roadhouse.

Great! We had good success with the Mountain View Motel , just the other side of Stratton (toward Kingfield). Closest motel to CVR. Several rooms have kitchenettes with full utensils! About $70 for a room that holds 3. And the manager was interested when we said we were peakbagging off CVR :)
-Weatherman

I stayed at the Andover Roadhouse last year and it was great! The people were super friendly and it was a clear ultra hiker-friendly place with maps and outdoors books in the living room and everything.

That is THE place to stay if you're lookin' for something cheap and comfy close to the Grafton Notch area and other interesting peaks (Old Speck, Baldpates, Elephant, etc.)

Glad to hear about another place to stay. Have usually stayed at the Spillover in Stratton, and certainly have no complaints about it as the rooms are huge and comfortable. But, this one looks like a more affordable alternative.

The owner, Don is a great guy!
We stayed with him while passing through Stratton last summer and it was an amazing deal at the Stratton Motel. Free internet access was important at the time, close to the store and diner, definately a place to go back to!

STratton RoadHouse Accomodations (Maine)

Hey, Kevin- Don't quote me but I think they are also Brutus-friendly, too.