Sunday 2/14 - Several hours worth of microspike-able amble near No. Conway?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Unstrung Harp

Reaction score
Anyone want to suggest something in the area that fits these specs?
I have spikes but not snowshoes.

Something pretty low-key but maybe with some decent views would be sweet. I'm not equipped currently for anything serious. I'll be in the area for a gig near Conway the night before, and want to at least spend part of the day out enjoying the area.

Other ramblers welcome, though I imagine this one will be a little on the tame side for most of you. ;)

My first reaction to your post is to say that many, many of the trails around here are well-packed, and may require nothing more than Microspikes, even after some of the light snow we've been getting here and there over the past few days -- so there might be a number of options available to you.

I'm not sure what the conditions on Kearsarge North (near North Conway) are like, but the views from there are great (check out the tower on top). That's a possibility.

I'm sure that other folks on here have ideas on this, as well...

I will second the Kearsage North suggestion. Even if you dont make it to the tower, the view from the open rocky areas is worth the trip. Unless it gets too warm, it will be barebootable to the top. There are a couple of short icy sections but nothing that microspikes couldnt handle

I second the Peaked/Middle Mtn. option, while the others are great fun/great views, this is something a little different (and usually well travelled/broken out by the locals)

Latest posts