Sunday September 4-Presi Traverse N to S

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Reaction score
Hi All,

A few of us are planning on attempting a Presi traverse this coming Sunday. Our plan is to start at 4:30 a.m. at Appalachia and take the standard route up Valley Way to Madison and then hitting all the peaks along the way to Pierce. Our pace will more than likely be a bit better than book time and we'd also like to hike the traverse as a group.

We're planning on meeting Saturday to set up car spots at the end and at the Cog in the event some choose not to go all the way.
So far the forecast looks like it may be ok but that could change so if it takes a turn for the worse the trip will more than likely be cancelled.

If your interested in coming along please send me a pm and I can give you more details.

-MEB

As I mention here, I'll be meeting you guys at Washington. I'll try and calculate what time you're gonna be there and just make sure I'm there. I'll probably be in the cafeteria, buying stuffed animals and whatnot.

-Dr. Wu

When we get to Pierce we will make a group decission on whether to go on to Jackson/Webster or stop at Pierce. As MEB mentioned - this will be a group hike where we succeed or fail as a group, hiking together at the speed of the slowest hiker.

Headlamps are required!

We will meet Sat at noon for car spotting followed by a small cookout - please let MEB know if you will be there ion Sat.

pres trv on the 4th

i will be at lyons hospitality.i plan on coming on fri.i may hike moirah or carters if weather is good.will bring homemade potato salad and meat for our get together on sat.after carspot.meb,let me know if i should bring anything else.look forward to hike..andy aka mt.drew

I will be there. Looking forward to hiking with you all again. Christine

Have a safe trip, especially if any remains of Katrina are still around!
:)

fire it up

my favorite football cheer..fire it up.cant wait

MichaelJ said:
Have a safe trip, especially if any remains of Katrina are still around!
:)

Current Forecast for Mt Washington:

Partly Cloudy / Wind High
48°F

Precip
20%

Wind: WNW 21 mph
Max. Humidity: 76%
UV Index: 7 High

Im starting to get real up for it now. Weather looks great and to combat the early start from appalachia, I have been stockpiling sleep; Ive been sneaking little cat naps while I drive.

dr. wu if I get to the gift shop and they are out of those adorable little bears that say "New Hampshire" on them, there will be hell to pay.
And no amount of fridge magnets will make it better.