Swimming with the Moose

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billski

Reaction score
My gut tells me it's not a good idea to swim in the same pond that moose frequent. Those little parasites are good for nothing.

Parasites are often specific to their host. That said, I don't know if there is any risk of picking up a parasite from the moose.

Certainly if you are going to swim in a pond frequented by moose, wait until they have left... :)

Doug

Certainly if you are going to swim in a pond frequented by moose, wait until they have left... :)

Doug

:D:D:D
Great way to start my day! I used to manage a public swimming pool. Part of the health dept. protocol if a child "lost it" in the pool was everyone out and "shock it" for 24 hrs. If of the liquid variety, 48 hrs. Needless to say, the patrons were quite PO'd 'cause it usually happened on the hottest day of the year :rolleyes:

:D:D:D
Great way to start my day! I used to manage a public swimming pool. Part of the health dept. protocol if a child "lost it" in the pool was everyone out and "shock it" for 24 hrs. If of the liquid variety, 48 hrs. Needless to say, the patrons were quite PO'd 'cause it usually happened on the hottest day of the year :rolleyes:
Urine is sterile (unless one has a UT infection)--the main problem is that it's a good growth medium. (In fact some of my first aid instruction suggests that if nothing else is available, one can use fresh urine to clean a wound.) Feces, however, are a major vector for pathogens. But again, cross-species is less dangerous than within species.

Happy swimming....

Doug