Tecumseh, 2 Jan?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegematic

Reaction score
I'm interested in heading up Tecumseh from the ski area on Monday. It'll be a bit of a drive for me so I'm thinking a 9 a.m. start. Ascend via the hiking trail and descend via the Sosman and ski trails. Any interest?

Also: Any ideas/advice on the parking situation? Being a holiday for many I am assuming the ski area will be busy.
-vegematic

ROLS and I were there Christmas Eve and not suprisingly the lots were empty at 7am. When we returned near 12:45, the lots were basically full. 9:00 could be interesting given the holiday season, but I'd be suprised if you couldn't find a reasonable parking spot. People were also parked along the road near the trailhead..ouside of the lots...

Last edited:
I hiked this on 12/29, arriving at about 8:35. I was lucky enough to get a spot in Lot 1, right near the trailhead. By the way, on Friday the Sosman Trail was not broken out. I would also suggest crampons. or at least Stabilicers, for the upper half of the Mt. Tecumseh Trail.