Thanks for the bushwhack input!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtDews

Reaction score
RE: Our First '54' Bushwhack – Morgan Mt. – April 11, 2010

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions! They are very much appreciated, valued and are one of the reasons we joined the forum.

I have been an outdoorsman and hunter all my life in the forests of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier NY. My biggest adjustment for bushwhack treks will be the more rugged and remote terrain in the Dacks. My wife and hiking partner on the other hand is a novice at anything without a disk on a tree or the trailless routes of the 46. Even most of these trails now have well defined herd paths and publications that support their navigation.

Since the well being of BOTH hikers is at issue in any hike, especially a bushwhack, I must bring her experience along at a pace that is comfortable to her. I am trying to allay her fears and train her using your wisdom to suppliment my own. We have gained a deep respect for the Adirondacks by doing everything from the 46, starting our winters and firetower quest to simple hikes like Gull Pond and Treadway Mt.!

Hey... ya gotta start somewhere, eh?
We'll get there, and without any trail flagging to boot!!

Thanks again, W&L

Last edited: