The Garden Lot on 5/26 Info

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4check

Reaction score
Planning on doing a Big Slide loop this Friday. It will be my first time hiking from The Garden and a buddy of mine says I will have major parking issues since I can't get there until about 10:00am (have to get Junior to school first). I saw on the announcement on this board that the shuttle does not start until Sat. Suggestions from anyone? Feel free to suggest he is wrong!

Also, any suggestions on whether I should start or end with the trail to JBL?

Memorial day weekend at that, pretty sure the garden will be full. Big slide is a beautiful hike, when my son and I hiked it we went over the brothers and walked out from JBL, i prefered this approach because it was a gradual rise, whereas going up Big slide from the garden is alot more in a shorter distance. I guess it is up to you, depends on whether you want to have a relaxing hike or a real work out. Either way it is a nice hike, if you go via the brothers you will enjoy many nice lookouts along the way. Enjoy.

The Garden may well be full by 10 on Friday. You can park in town and hike in to the Garden along the road. If you're lucky you can hitch a ride at least part of the way. If not, you've added about 2 miles round trip to your hike - not the end of the world.