The W!ld Center

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ADAM12

Reaction score
A few weeknds ago I went to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake, NY. If you have not had a chance to check it out it is awesome :) The River Otters were actually awake when we were there and quite playful. We really enjoyed watching them and my 4 year old daughter loved the place. If your ever in the Adirondacks it is a must place to check out.

Adam

true dat!!

Yes I have heard alot of buzz about this place since opening last yr. Not one bad review even last yr. when it wasn't even done being worked on but still opened, from what i understand. I have not made it there yet but soon.

I think Teejay mentioned it's kind of a half day thing.. How much time do you think an adult could spend at this place?

Jay

Jim and I spent a few hours here after a paddling trip a few weeks ago. Torential rain allowed us only one short hike so we decided to check out the Wild Center. We did not see any of the outdoor exhibits due to weather. You can probably spend 2-3 hours here.

Jay H said:
I think Teejay mentioned it's kind of a half day thing.. How much time do you think an adult could spend at this place?

Jay

We spent about 4 hours there. The inside is not that big and the exibits are small but IMO are worth it. They have a lot of hiking trails out back but when we were there it was very muggy and the kids had enough so we did one small loop.

The prices for adults was 15 bucks and the kids are 13. Not a cheap place but the natural history of the Adirondacks was worth it to me. The next place for me to check out is the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake!

Same here. We were just there on Wednesday. 2-3 hrs for adults, closer to a full day for kids. It was worth a visit. Plus, we don't get out Tupper way very often, so it was an excuse to shop around and eat in Tupper and Saranac.

1ADAM12 said:
The next place for me to check out is the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake!

Me too, although I'd like to visit both places. I went there once after the ADK paddlefest but it was just before memorial day when they open so it was closed.

thanks for the responses!

Jay

Took my kids to the Wild too - we all loved it...I learned an awful lot about the Adirondack's, and the kids had fun. We hope to hit the Adirondack Museum next week...

I spent a couple good hours in there. It was pretty interesting, worth a look. Dont kow if I will go back. The hiking trails and pond were not finished when I went. The exibit I enjoyed the most, besides the otter's, was the video where you could scroll down the hudson.