The Wildest Dream

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I loved the book but had no idea a movie was in the making. If the flick is half as good as the book, it will be money well spent.

I will always believe that Mallory & Irvine were the first to summit. My wife thought I was obsessed when I researched this conquest for over a year. Can't wait to see how they portrait this epic adventure!

Thanks for the links...it's amazing how far Cinematography has come in High Altitude Locations. Yes alot of it has to do with the improvement in technology; but still most of the population would be lucky to be able to suck on a lollipop yet alone taking care of oneself and operating Camera equipment at this level in those conditions.

Last edited:
...most of the population would be lucky to be able to suck on a lollipop yet alone taking care of oneself and operating Camera equipment at this level in those conditions.

I thought that a number of times while watching this, especially watching the footage of Anker and Houlding free-climbing the Second Step.

Nice stuff.

Finally got around to seeing this movie last night and just now. Had forgotten about it after it didn't come to any theaters near me until a few weeks ago when I decided to order it from Amazon. Great stuff. I've always believed that Mallory and Irvine made it and died during descent. To actually see Anker free-climbing the second step only confirms that it was a very real possibility. :)