The Winter 46

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfm

Reaction score
Excitement Building

The weathers changing and this winter cannot come soon enough, there have been so many times I said I was through trying because of a million reasons that effected my schedule ,my body ,my outlook towards trying to get just another number, was this all worth it ?
Now with only three peaks to go I will finally accomplish the winter 46r ,the Santanonis are IT the last on the list , the end of the quest and still there is a small part of me that wishes it wasn’t so ,but I will deal with that part after I celebrate the finish with my son and my closest friends.
The weather should decide the schedule but it may not as it hasn’t in most all the attempts, as it gets closer I cannot announce the date as it may be frowned upon by some as enticing to many to show up on the same trail at the same time but there are so very many people I have meet in the last thirty years I wish were with me at the finish.
The mountains have taught me so very much, first and foremost about myself and then about the people around me and the bullshit diversity and team building in industry and now in academia should put the mountains on a mandatory criteria as what you learn in severely adverse conditions is an eye opener to the depth of a person.
The anxiousness is building ,every workout in the gym is helping , I was hoping the glucosamine would alleviate the bone on bone in the knees but I am to damn close to care, I hope the Santanonis are as much looking forward to me as I am to them and I also hope for quite a few people to show up and share in this moment. Thank you.

John 4798 Michael 4799
:)

Reactions: arm
Kinda cool that it all comes together after all the many reasons that it, in fact, couldn't have! Hope all goes well and don't be afraid to post date... only crazy people do Santanoni's in the winter!! :D

The Winters

As it stands right now tentatively , in order to bring up to date and number my typical winter partner , Skylight and Gray will happen between 12/21 - 12/30 and in ref. to the finish I should try as many others to wait for the end of the season longer brighter days, But my third son in law has found a huge desire to accompany us and it will more than likely be 1/2 - 1/16 unless of course he finds the time off , the decision will happen at the last minute more than likely, and I had already changed my mind and will scream my bloody head and announce to the world the date and let whom wants frown and the rest are invited to come along.

As it stands right now tentatively , in order to bring up to date and number my typical winter partner , Skylight and Gray will happen between 12/21 - 12/30 and in ref. to the finish I should try as many others to wait for the end of the season longer brighter days, But my third son in law has found a huge desire to accompany us and it will more than likely be 1/2 - 1/16 unless of course he finds the time off , the decision will happen at the last minute more than likely, and I had already changed my mind and will scream my bloody head and announce to the world the date and let whom wants frown and the rest are invited to come along.

Sounds like an awfully long day for those two on Dec 21st..... hope you don't get too deep snow... :)

Jay

The Winters

Bubba ,first hello and if your in the vicinity when I am at the Santanonis feel free to be part of the group ,hopefully you like scotch at the last summit (Santa), also the call sign is JFM = John F. Miller

well I guess the coming of winter means Donna and Shizzy will start hanging out with us again.

Reactions: arm
W46

You're not the only one looking forward to another winter climbing season. I had a great one last year, bagging almost all the so-called trailless ones. The two I still need are Marshall and Gray. (But I plan to climb Wright again, as an easy and fool proof warm-up hike, on Dec 21.) As soon thereafter as possible, depending on conditions, I want to go after Gray, either from HPIC via Marcy, or from Upper Works via the summer herd path. If anyone else is interested, get in touch.
pete (aka nundagao)

Latest posts