They'll never see me sleeping!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Reaction score
While camo isn't really my thing, I couldn't pass up this deal. I bought this bivy on ebay for $25. I believe it's entirely made of Gore-Tex, including the bottom. The seams are covered with "Gore-Seam". It feels like a heavy duty bivy. This might be good for camping in the snow or bivying above treeline if I had to. I can't beat the price either. Something like this new is probably around $200? I'm not sure how breathable it is though.

The only thing it's lacking is a fully zippered hood. I can stick more velco or buttons on it to fix that though. The zipped is on the opposite side of my bag too.

There are A LOT of these selling on ebay, I figured others may be interested.

bivy_sack.jpg

great deal and looks cool!

What does it weigh? Just curious. I may be interested since my bivy has poles for headspace (and weighs a couple pounds).

I have the same thing going on when I use my regular sleeping bag, instead of my winter bag, with the bivy that I also bought on ebay. Sometimes I get a little claustraphobic! :D

I don't have a scale, but I'd guess 2-3lb's? It's not an ultralight bivy for sure.

I've had something similar for years. They are perfect for lean-tos or bivy's in the winter. Put 1 or 2 pads under the bag and you're a toasty winter borrito. They're over kill in tents, though, unless you're trying to add some temp rating to your bag.