This year's Boreal Forest Prediciton

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the interesting link. What do you think it all means for the White Mountains this winter? Will we hear Bricknell's Thrush or see Evening Grossbeak?

I assume these feathers are from the Evening Grossbeak. There was a pile of feathers and blood spots in an old logging road near Jackson, NH.

Happy Trails :)

forestnome said:
Thanks for the interesting link. What do you think it all means for the White Mountains this winter? Will we hear Bricknell's Thrush or see Evening Grossbeak?

I assume these feathers are from the Evening Grossbeak. There was a pile of feathers and blood spots in an old logging road near Jackson, NH.

Happy Trails :)

What it means is we will not have any populations of Northern birds intterupting into our Mountians in the Northeast. What you will see will be the locals.

I think you are right about the feathers. I would think that all the goldfinches have both shifted south and have completed the molt to thier winter plumage.

Here is a good link about the Grosbeaks http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/conservation/news/grosbeak