track ID quiz

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nartreb

Reaction score
Warning, this is not easy. This print was not made by a moose, deer, sheep, goat, cow, or any kind of ruminant. It is not a forgery or any kind of human artifact.

Look closely, faint signs may be important.

What kind of animal left this print?

m023.jpg

Hint 1: I was in the Connecticut river valley.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT IF I'M CORRECT

Since you narrowed it down for us, I'd need to say European Wild Boar, who are around. The faint artifacts might be those 2 side straggler prints they make, but I don't really see those.

Bingo! Some kind of theropod. In this print the left toe is pretty faint, but it's there if you look closely.

IIRC this print was a little under a foot long. I think I saw at least three species.

Sardog, are you referring to Newman the mailman, or to Dennis Nedry (he who cut the power to the fences)?

Last edited:
Sardog, are you referring to Newman the mailman, or to Dennis Nedry (he who cut the power to the fences)?

Hard to tell any difference between the two, unless you're a visitor from another rock with more intimate knowledge than either of us possesses (or would want ..........). OK, no more after that last one, I promise. :p