Tripyramids 12/31/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning on hiking the Tripyamids this Saturday via Pine Bend Trail as an out and back hike. If time permits I would like to go to South Tri as well. I'm planning to start around 8:00 if anyone is interested in coming along.

-MEB

Pine Bend Trail

MEB said:
Hi All,

I'm planning on hiking the Tripyamids this Saturday via Pine Bend Trail as an out and back hike. If time permits I would like to go to South Tri as well. I'm planning to start around 8:00 if anyone is interested in coming along.

-MEB

MEB - Hope you had a fun Xmas! If you have a Swiss Bob be sure to bring it along. There is a very long run that you can use it on. Going up the trail wraps around to the right of it, but coming down you can slide straight down to the trail.

Have Fun!

Have fun with the trip! On a side note, ever consider making it a loop w/ carspot using (sorry, forgot the trail name) Sabad. river? It may make it more fun rather than an up and back. Just a thought. Either way, enjoy the new years... sounds fun!

LenDawg said:
Have fun with the trip! On a side note, ever consider making it a loop w/ carspot using (sorry, forgot the trail name) Sabad. river? It may make it more fun rather than an up and back. Just a thought. Either way, enjoy the new years... sounds fun!
That would be the Sabbaday Brook Trail - it is a bear on snow and ice (as I accicentally descended a half mile on it last May), at least the upper sections and there are some major crossings that may not be iced over sufficiently with the warmer weather...

sapblatt said:
That would be the Sabbaday Brook Trail - it is a bear on snow and ice
Got it... I did Pine Bend Brook Trail in the summer with BP Schroeder as an out and back and we both thought afterwards why we didn't make a loop using Sabbaday Brook Trail. Still getting used to the winter restrictions. Thanks.

MEB, I just read your invitation. I MIGHT go with you, especially since we've cancelled our Thursday Saddleback hike due to a lousy weather forecast. :eek:

I'll be in touch as the week progresses.

Drying Up? A Window?

Say MEB,
Is this hike still on?
This time frame looks like the only Dry Spot.
Crampons a must.
Could be FAST!
Where do you get a SWISSBOB theses days?
Not that conditions look in for that on this one.
Be glad to crimp and clamp up and down if that's still your plan.

Hey skiguy!

The trip is still on for tomorrow! We plan to meet at the Pine Bend Trail head at 8:00 a.m.

As far as getting a Swiss Bob sled...I think they sell them at EMS.

See ya in the morning!!

-MEB