Trish/Alex's after party

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be attending the hike and after party?

• Yes to both the hike and after party

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes to just the hike

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No to the hike and after party

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadRiver

Reaction score
With the 29th rapidly approaching I would like some idea as to how many people might be attending the after party at our place in Thornton. I’m planning on keeping it simply with hamburgers, hot dogs and a side dish yet to be determined. As always people are more than welcome to bring an appetizer or side dish to share, and given the eclectic taste in beer/alcohol, it will be BYOB. Also, if you do not wish to drive home that evening you are more than welcome to pitch a tent on the lawn.

Hi,

I'm new to VFTT and I was thinking your party might be a good opportunity to meet some new people. What is the Occassion? I live in the Lakes region (gilford).

Cheers,
David

We're still figuring out logistics on the hike, but will definately be there for the party! Go Alex and Trish!

-DR, G, G and J

Odd that the host claiming that the Monkees were not a real band walks around in the winter with a kilt over his snowpants. Perhaps that should call his signature claim into question.

Am I to understand there will be Davy Jones karaoke at the event?

Odd that the host claiming that the Monkees were not a real band walks around in the winter with a kilt over his snowpants. Perhaps that should call his signature claim into question.

Am I to understand there will be Davy Jones karaoke at the event?

I DO NOT wear snow pants, they are expedition weight Chili Peppers. I think a medley of Phil Collins hits might be in order for the evening’s entertainment.

I'll be at the hike but not the after party

Take the last train to Thornton,
And I'll meet you at the station.
You can be be there by four thirty,
'Cause I made your reservation.
Don't be slow, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!

'Cause I'm hikin' in the morning
As will the guy with the kilt
He'll have plenty of things to eat
And also stuff to drink
And you must go, oh, no, no, no!
Oh, no, no, no!
And I don't know if I'm even going to go.

Am I to assume this will be a wild party?
Only if Trish lets Alex do shooters.

Seriously, since Susan moved north my parties have been far more relaxed than my earlier parties. It’s just a relaxing evening sitting by the river and enjoying the campfire with good food, drink, and friends.

Last edited:
Not only did...

Hendrix open for the Monkees, the teenybopper crowd booed him offstage. Oh, and by the way. Jim Morrison died choking on his own vomit, no doubt from too much alcohol and too many pills. Jimi was a hotshot. A heroin overdose. Not the same. Don't mess with me. I was there in the 60's. Of course I was under 10yo, but I was there, man. I know of a guy that drowned drinking too many iced teas. :eek:

KDT

Ok, I voted yes to the hike and party but *really* if I do the hike I'm doing the Asquam Ridge to South Moose for Y Alpine Peaks and may not see any of you until I arrive at MadRiver's for a hot shower, copious amounts of alcohol, and to see if its really possible to sleep in the back of a Mini Clubby.

:)

All weather permitting, naturally!

Hendrix open for the Monkees, the teenybopper crowd booed him offstage. Oh, and by the way. Jim Morrison died choking on his own vomit, no doubt from too much alcohol and too many pills. Jimi was a hotshot. A heroin overdose. Not the same. Don't mess with me. I was there in the 60's. Of course I was under 10yo, but I was there, man. I know of a guy that drowned drinking too many iced teas. :eek:

KDT

Dude, forget the sixties..its over! I saw the final NY appearance of The Who at Shea at the tender young age of 15, as well as Simon and Garfunkel at Central Park, I'm pretty certain all of that occurred between '81-82 (its still a fogggy memory)....

Last edited:

Latest posts