Try, Try Again - Whiteface-Passaconaway 6/2/2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Whiteface & Passaconaway – 6/2/2007

I've tried to put this one together a couple times recently. Here I go again....

Anybody interested in heading for Ferncroft Road to hike Whiteface & Passaconaway this Saturday, 6/2/2007?

I'm looking to arrive at the trailhead parking approximately 7:30am and be hiking by 8:00am. The planned route is the normal loop of Blueberry Ledges, Rollins, and Dicey’s Mill Trails clockwise.

Distance – elevation: 11.9 miles, 3,800 feet, Time est. 8 hours but will probably run a little longer with lunch breaks, etc.

My normal pace is moderate and expect to be back at the trailhead parking approximately 5:00pm.

If you’re interested in joining this hike or have any questions, please respond to this thread or by PM.

Earl

;)

Dang, got the kiddos this weekend, but this is exactly going to be my next hike. Sat down at work today and was mapping it all out. I have never been up either and this seemed like the best route to nab both. Only thing I was wondering is what's the difference at first of staying on Blueberry Ledge Trail or taking the Blueberry Ledge cutoff? Both seem like same distance and wasn't sure if one was better than the other for whatever reason. I may be looking to do this hike the next weekend instead unfortunately. Hope ya have a good trip and the weather is nice this weekend!

The Blueberry Ledges Cutoff is just a parallel trail that follows the Wonalancet River instead of going over the ledges. It leaves the Blueberry Ledges Trail and returns without adding distance. This is reported to be a rougher trail than the Blueberry Ledges Trail.

I believe the usual approach follows the Blueberry Ledges Trail, which I have hiked multiple times.

Yippee. Priorities in order now, I'm in on this one. Makes sense to carpool up, right? I'll PM you.

Early Bird said:
Yippee. Priorities in order now, I'm in on this one. Makes sense to carpool up, right? I'll PM you.

Yup, carpooling! :)

marchowes said:
I might be in for this one since my primary plans are toast now, don't need these peaks for anything but I like the company :)

If you haven't hiked these in June then you need them for your 48x12. You're working on the 48x12, aren't you??? :D

;)

I might be a taker for this jaunt as well, will let you know as the week wears on.
Damon

I just checked the weather forecast. It's starting to take a dive. Let's hope it bounces back.

A little rain (.5 inch) doesn't bother me but a significant probability of thunderstorms is a different story.

:eek:

We're on for tomorrow as planned.

There is still room in the carpool from Nashua for one or two additional hikers. If there's anybody interested in joining the hike and the carpool, please let me know.

;)