TSL snowshoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tested 2 pairs of TSL (the 425 and the 227) a few years ago. The were aggressive, light and efficient, but there was only one problem: they were very noisy. The plate was banging against the frame at each step.

But I heard they tried to solve the problem recently.

DougPaul, Have you checked out the TSL website? They have about 16 different designs for composite and tubular designs.TSL snowshoes

The site is graphics heavy and may take a while to load up, plus it is a bit weird to navigate. It does have a cool "Choice Help" interactive picture, that picks shoes for you by terrain and weight-look for it to the bottom left of the main picture of all the snowshoes.

They make a lot of really interesting designs. Never seen any in person, so no idea about quality.

Last edited:
I've hiked beside them up virtually all of the W46 and saw them perform on par or better than anything else out there. Very lightweight, excellent grip, and small enough to make the fun winter bushwhack only routes to peaks snaggle free. My two friends (multi-rounders in winter) swear by them. They seem far and away more durable and user friendly than the MSRs. Nice to see they have set up some type of U.S. headquarters in Vermont.

I'm not looking for snowshoes either, but saw the TSL's a while back. I have switched over to skis, which for my purposes, suit me a lot better. For those who are looking, TSL has a lot of choices.