Tuckerman's early in morning

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Dasypodidae

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
We are heading into Tucks to dig round two of our snowpit study on Friday morning March 7th), if anyone wishes to join us. Leaving Pinkham by 6 a.m.; back by 11 a.m. if all goes well. Will hike up the Tuck Trail, ski down the Sherbie. My student and I can provide a quick avy tutorial while we are analyzing the snow stratigraphy, for free!

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
We are heading into Tucks to dig round two of our snowpit study on Friday morning March 7th), if anyone wishes to join us. Leaving Pinkham by 6 a.m.; back by 11 a.m. if all goes well. Will hike up the Tuck Trail, ski down the Sherbie. My student and I can provide a quick avy tutorial while we are analyzing the snow stratigraphy, for free!

After reading the most recent Tucks Snow Ranger's report about the breakable icy crust everywhere, including the Sherbie, I will be walking up AND DOWN the Tuck Trail. No doubt my student will ski down the Sherbie, as he loves to ski crud. :eek: