Tuesday 04-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I'm looking for a partner to hike Phelps North, Phelps, Tabletop East and Howard on Tuesday 04-29. It'll be a long day. Mostly off-trail and probably on snow for a signif. portion.

A possible bailout is to go directly from Phelps to Howard. One thing I haven't checked yet as far as the route goes is if their is a creek crossing between Ttop E. and Howard. The weather forecast is looking a bit iffy so I'll be checking it continuously from now until Monday.

(Btw, this is not a peakbagging hike. It's a summit oriented extreme dayhike.)

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping the warm weather would have gotten rid of more snow than that.

You're making me reconsider, although Tuesday is three full days away (I know, that aint much) and I won't be going much above 4000 ft.

Which side of Gothics were you on and what elevation are you calling high up?

We'd be up for ETabletop and Howard. On a thursday ? Not a chance...Some poor souls actually have to work in this world !

The weather forecast has improved!

Even with the doubtful snow situation I'm still going to go, and will take my Northern Lite snowshoes. Howard is my priority so Ttop east can be edited out (saves 1 mi) if the conditions are slow. 6am at South Meadows rd. Not too many have signed on yet so there is still time.

Edit:Moving this hike to Thursday because of the weather.

Last edited: