Tuesday Snowstorm 3/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
1" and occasional sleet in Gorham NH at 3:30 PM, looks like I am definitely in the "shadow" on this one

we've got 4-5 fluffy inches on the deck rail right now (4:30 pm) and it is supposed to snow through the night

peakbagger said:
1" and occasional sleet in Gorham NH at 3:30 PM, looks like I am definitely in the "shadow" on this one

The Berlin forecast says that you may get up to 12 inches of snow tonight, so your time may come...

The forecasts for 4 towns surrounding the Whites (Fryeburg, Laconia, Whitefield, Berlin) all predict up to 9-12 inches of snow tonight, so I suspect that the hills will get a good dose.

8 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground here in the NW suburbs of Boston and more on the way.

Doug

At Waterville Valley I received six inches of snow by 6 pm. Not much snow has been falling since but I suspect I'll have a couple more inches by the morning.

12" in Peterborough. What early looked like a repeat of last year has really turned the tables. 63" since Feb. 8th. Concerned about possible spring flooding, but now just hoping that the ski areas are willing to stay open to allow us to enjoy all this snow

10-12" of superfluff tucked in the valley just east of Crescents. Nothin wet about this stuff until the sun gets on it.

I spoke to the Waterville XC guys last weekend and they plan to stay open through Easter, with the mountain going one more week, plus they will groom some stuff in the XC North End for season pass holders (i.e., no charge, no sweep, nobody home in the shop...)

Tim

My final total was about 8" of very fluffy stuff, still plenty of flurries

We've got about ten inches of medium-density powder in East Hardwick, VT. As of around 3 PM yesterday Stowe had picked up about that much at the base, more higher up, but hard to estimate meaningfully with so much blowing and drifting. Saw some new drifts nearly as tall as me!

12" in N Central Mass and my friend reports 14" in Jaffrey at his house. Monadnock trails should be in fine shape this weekend. There was still 2-3ft of snow on the east, north and west side trails last weekend. Little less on main south side trails but still lots of snow for whatever your pleasure.

The storm made for great skiing at the Maine Huts & Trails.