Turkey Day +1 Pierce & Eisenhower

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Join us Friday for a hike to Pierce & Eisenhower.

We will leave the Highland Center at 9 AM - come early for breakfast/coffee. Plan is to take Crawford Path to Pierce and weather/group permitting on to Eisenhower.

Snow is expected on Thursday so as of now, we'd suggest bringing snowshoes and crampons.

Please see the info below from Trail Conditions:

Recent Trail Condition Report
Date Hiked: 11/19/05

Conditions: Very icy trail in the morning and for most of the day minus a little mud towards the bottom in the afternoon. Solid ice from Pierce to Eisenhower, 1.5-2 feet of snow on Eisenhower. We did our fair share of slipping and sliding between the five of us! Well trampled clear path.

Special Required Equipment: Bare booted it most of the way, crampons/insteps definitely useful for Pierce. Crampons/insteps definitely required for Eisenhower. Trekking poles definitely a GREAT help.

wish I could come - but I will be arguing with drunken family members over dinner all day! (yes friday as well as thurs)

BUT.. have a great thanksgiving and enjoy yourselves.

Last edited:
I wish I could join you, but I must go kill a Picea Pungens on Friday. Saturday looks free, however.

MadRiver said:
I wish I could join you, but I must go kill a Picea Pungens on Friday. Saturday looks free, however.

Is that New Hampshire talk for cutting down a Xmas tree?

Toying with the idea of Washington on Sat, depending on the weather. Probably won't be able to confirm plans until Fri evening though.

I'll be there, and this might well be the season inauguration for my plastics if the weather cooperates. :)