Tux - this Sunday!! Rite of Passage

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Reaction score
Tux in June!! Gotta be great. :)

Coming up and making the 9-hour drive with my daughter and her alpine racer teammate after canceling an April 21/22 weekend due to fear of avalanche conditions. Busy schedule since including HS graduation for my daughter and just back from a Northwestern tour.

The "Rite of Passage" refers to my non-hiking daughter making the committment to "do tux" having heard about it from her hiking father her entire ski life!! After this, it's a working summer and off to college at UMass.

We left Mount Hood on Tuesday and are hitting Tux on Sunday!! Pretty tough to beat.

JohnB's traveling with us and I think Dreamer is joining us. Staying at a ski lodge. Let me know if you can join. I've been wall-2-wall busy leading up to the graduation and a week's travel in the NW. Very cool, though. Hood, the Olympic Range "WOW", St. Helen's, Colorado River Gorge, Hood River, Oregon Coast and California Redwoods (did I leave out Seattle and Whidbey Island?)

Missed what's going on here.

Last edited:
Wish I could be there... good luck and I hope you have great conditions and a wicked run!

Yeah, I saw that and was over on TimeforTuckermans.

Luckily the young racers are happy to just get on snow... and maybe I'll be spared being a spectacle on snow -- had I gone over the lip back in April!!