Two climbers die after Mount McKinley fall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tragedy, but a risk all mountaineers knowingly take. My heart goes out to their families and friends. I guess we'll be hearing calls for handrails to be installed on all mountains soon, that is if the media picks this up and exploits it for ratings like the recent Mt. Hood incident.

kmorgan said:
I guess we'll be hearing calls for handrails to be installed on all mountains soon, that is if the media picks this up and exploits it for ratings like the recent Mt. Hood incident.
Possibly calls for more regulation, but events such as this are not an uncommon occurrance on McKinley. My guess is that there will be no change.

The details in the report are limited--it would be interesting to know what route they were on--certain routes have a history of similar accidents.

It will be much harder for the media to go wild--the outcome is known. There will be no big search, no drama to be had. It is also much farther from "civilization".

Condolences to the climbers' families and friends.

Doug

Latest posts