Two-for-One Special, Hancocks & Tecumseh, 12/23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Hike: Two-for-one special – December 23, 2008

Hancocks (N&S) via the normal loop from the hairpin on the Kanc
and
Tecumseh via Mt. Tecumseh Trail (time permitting)

Trail Trotter and I are planning for some fresh air on Tuesday and would enjoy some company.

We’re planning an early start, and probably a late finish with headlights on the back end at least. Currently, the early storm this weekend (Friday and Saturday) is being advertised as a southern New England event. If the late storm (Sunday and Monday) comes in the same way we should be in pretty good shape to pull this off.

This may be subject to a little fine tuning. We’ll be looking at a 7:00am start on the Hancock Notch Trail heading for the Hancocks. Assuming we’re back out by early afternoon we’ll head around the corner and hike Tecumseh. Since we travel I-93 south to get home it’s conveniently on-the-way.

If anybody is interested in joining the fun, please respond to the thread or by PM.

Even if we’re only able to get the Hancocks due to conditions, we’ll have a great day of snowshoeing.

Normally, I hike a moderate pace (around book time) and TT slows down to allow me to think I’m keeping up with her. ;)

At this point, there are two empty seats available for carpooling from Exit 6 Park & Ride in Nashua.

:D