Two women hikers killed in WA

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:( :( :( That's really sad for the family (I can't imagine the guy losing both his wife and daughter) and scary. I hope they get to the bottom of it.

The following is an excerpt from the Seatle Times article which Maddy refers to:

"Steve Costie, executive director of The Mountaineers, said car break-ins at trailheads are common, and he has feared inadvertently encountering a clandestine methamphetamine lab while hiking in the woods."

A neighbor of ours in Bethlehem was telling us about a string of mysterious fires. One of these involved an unoccupied summer cottage. Officials suspect that it was set up as a makeshift meth lab and burned to cover tracks.

mtnpa said:
A neighbor of ours in Bethlehem was telling us about a string of mysterious fires. One of these involved an unoccupied summer cottage. Officials suspect that it was set up as a makeshift meth lab and burned to cover tracks.

Maybe I've missed some local news lately, but I've heard about two fires, not a string. Is there a source for the meth lab suspicion? In any event, I doubt that there will be an impact on people who visit the WMNF to hike.

amstony said:
Wow, really nasty and sad since many of us hike to get away from this type of problem . :( If you are looking for up to date information you can go to this link:

www.nwhikers.net/forums

As you'd expect it is THE news on that hiking board.

Thanks for the link Tony. They are up to 18 pages on that thread now. It was difficult not to read the whole thread and the reports in the Seattle times and P.I. It makes you want to scream, cry, rage, and strike out at something, all at the same time. This terror can strike anywhere and is very sobering.