Two women hikers missing in Alaska - OK

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a backcountry permit for the Savage river drainage area, that stream can be kind of high at times, especially now since it's not even the summer season...

Let's hope they find these two hikers...

Jay

Nice, glad they were found, read an article on adn.net but they don't have any more info than what Ian posted... I'd be interested to see where they were found and the why part...

One thing about Denali National Park, doesn't matter where you are in it, on McKinley or on Polychrome Mtn or just Wonder Lake, you do lose the entire concept of time!!! :) Sat, friday, July, August, doesn't matter!

Jay

the plight of these two women has been taken up by many people, they are all the talk on Iditarod and dogsled fora.

Lots of teams up there in the area doing summer training and my gut just prays that they are located soon.

Breeze

Never would I think you'd get cell service in McKinley... I probably wouldn't of even packed a cell phone, but since not familiar with the dry creek area, the article mentioned they were near the northern border of the park, perhaps they could pick up coverage there.. :)

Jay

Jay H said:
Never would I think you'd get cell service in McKinley... I probably wouldn't of even packed a cell phone, but since not familiar with the dry creek area, the article mentioned they were near the northern border of the park, perhaps they could pick up coverage there.. :)
According to the map, there are some fairly flat zones extending to the highway in the new search area ("The new search area is north of Mount Healy about 5 miles west of the Parks Highway, the main highway that connects Anchorage and Fairbanks.") The area might have some coverage if there are cell towers on some high spots near the highway.

Doug