UNH Paddlesport Show

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I see that Derek Hutchinson is going to be there, if you folks have a chance to see his talks on "destinations", if they are anything like the one I saw on the North Sea (which I see is in the schedule there), it should be a blast. I had a fun time listening to his adventure across the North Sea between Scotland and Belgium. He is certainly a character in the kayaking world!

Jay :p

Derek is a lot of fun. I took a class with him several years ago,and I have chatted with him on several occasions.
During a break in the class,I paddled hard,straight at the side of his boat.He glanced over,resumed what he was doing,and then looked up again,a bit alarmed that I was coming at him fairly fast,about to t-bone his boat. I laid the boat over hard,and came up along side him. He looked at me with a big grin"loovely,just loovely!"

Just letting him know that I paid attention in class that day!

Shouldn't paddling be on Views From the Bottom? Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Hard to paddle on the bottom of bodies of water?

Perhaps top of the waves, crests, strainers for you WW folks ;)

Say hi to Danny at the Impex booth, I bought my Mystic from him 2 years ago, and plan to demo a Cat 3 at the ADK paddlefest in about a month from now..

Jay

Just noticed this was posted on the forums.
I did stop at the Maine Island Tail booth Sunday between 9-2 ....I wonder if it was you I was speaking to about Plum Island paddling and Casco Bay?

Saw Derek Hutchinson's "Dancing on Water" very nice esp the question and answer time after his demo.
2nd time I've seen him ...very nice... quite a sense of humor...not bad for 72 yrs old...or any age for that matter!

That woulda been me. I had the "Life is Good" kayaking shirt on .
I didn't see Dereks' demo,though I understand he has added music. Not bad for a guy of 72...and a triple bypass less than a year ago!
Mrs KD and I had a nice chat with him later in the day.

We also had a visit from sardog1 earlier in the morning. First occasion to use the "alligator eggs" secret VFFT signal!