Using a WW skirt on a Touring Kayak?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
I'm in a very good dilema here. I have been religiously entering a contest in a paddling store for the past month or two, also entering paddling.net's contest for the past 2 months or so. Well, I got notified I won the store's contest for a kayak skirt:

an IR navideck touring skirt ($95 value)
an IR super bungee ($176 value) whitewater skirt
or any instock kayak helmet

Well, I'm not a whitewater kayaker so the helmet seems moot, but I bought my IR navideck from them about a month ago so I already own an IR skirt.

Is it silly to use a WW skirt on a touring kayak? The Super Bungee is pretty much a top of the line IR skirt with kevlar reinforced bungee lines, all neo, a removable overthruster, etc. etc. you can see IR's website for the details.

It looks like the smallest size is 31x17 cockpit while my Mystic is a 30x16.

It also doesn't have the pocket like the touring skirt would have. I'm wondering if I would be silly in using a WW skirt on a touring kayak. I guess for rolling practice or perhaps really bad ocean waves which I would most likely try to avoid anyway...

Obviously, I'm pretty much going to get the SB, figuring I could at least sell it for more than the Navideck one if I can't try to get a different price, like perhaps a bent paddle or something similar...

Anybody want to buy a brand new IR Super Bungee? I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers if I cannot exchange my prize with something else...

Jay

Yeah, great. I emailed the store and asked about perhaps $200 off an AT bent-shaft paddle, but if not, I will get the Super Bungee...

Now, I need to win P.net's 16' Necky Elaho kayak. that would be :cool:

I love these little daily contests, I'll enter them all the time and I guess I got my first bite. Maybe it's this Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or something like that.. the impulsive contest enterer!!!

Jay H