Utah 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askus3

Reaction score
Warwick, NY ( 3 miles by crow from Wildcat Shelter
I have procrastinated and delayed this project of organizing and labelling all my trip photos but finally have it completed. Last year I took a trip with my daughter (age 23) on a quick 5 day National Park extravaganza in Utah hiking 50 miles and touring, sightseeing and racking up driving mileage. The weather was picture perfect. The trip was very successful and we had a good time bonding. The scenery was spectacular. Here is a link to my first album - Arches National Park. From there you can check out the other four albums of our trip. Also, thanks to the various suggestions that helped formulate this trip on a thread I started last summer.

Absolutely fantastic pictures! I'm heading to Utah in two weeks and I'm going to visit many of the same places you and your daughter visited. It's awesome to see what I have to look forward to.

Thanks for posting!

- greg

If you can find the time to go 75 miles more east from Capitol Reef. A visit to the Little Wildhorse Canyon is really worthwhile. It makes a great 8.6 mile loop hike with minimal elevation gain. Also, make a quick 1/2 hour stop at Goblin Valley State Park on the way to the slots. See Utah album 3 - Bell & Little Wild Horse Canyons was the surprise hike of the trip. I enjoyed this hike better than The Narrows in Zion which I thought was quite impressive but wet where these canyons when I visited were dry. Also, it was different from all the other hiking as you get a good feel for hiking through an incredibly narrow slot canyon. And if you continue onward to Moab then you really missed a fantastic hike rushing from one park to the other as this hike is only 24 miles round trip off the main travel route UT 24. Also, being on a dirt road (easily navigable with a sedan - better than the Baxter Perimeter Road) 5 miles in from Goblin Valley, you don't get nearly the traffic or visitation that most of the other hikes receive. We saw maybe a dozen folks on that hike on a Friday. Compared to maybe a couple of hundred on the Navajo/Peek-a-Boo/Queens Garden Loop in Bryce on Sunday of Columbus Day or our Delicate Arch hike in Arches at sunset.