Vermont Brewers Festival and Burlington area VNB 7/20-22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Heading up there this weekend. Plans not certain yet, but going to try to get some hiking and pub visits done, as well as go to the Festival.

Anyone else going to be in the area?

Have either of you been before? Is it a complete zoo with all the people? It's my b-day this weekend and maybe that would be something fun to check out. I don't know.

To keep this related to hiking (or at least nature walking): a couple areas to check out up that way would be Button Bay State Park. There are some pretty fantastic rocky areas right at the edge of the lake that were a lot of fun to explore. Chip and I spent part of an afternoon there climbing around on the rocks, exploring and lounging with our feet dangling in the water watching the waves crash. There is also a pretty cool visitor's center/nature center there with cool exhibits.

Also, the walk out onto the causeway from Mills Point toward South Hero is an easy, level, good hangover kind of outdoor experience. Watch out for bad weather though! It's flat, open, exposed! Exciting in a lightning storm.

I don't remember how much it costs, but the grounds of the Shelburne Farm are beautiful. There is a small rocky beach there where every single rock is one of those gray to black type with a different type of white rock running through them at various angles. That's pretty cool too.

Anyway...tell me about past experiences with the brewers fest. Thanks

Toe Cozy said:
Have either of you been before? Is it a complete zoo with all the people? It's my b-day this weekend and maybe that would be something fun to check out. I don't know.
It *CAN BE* a complete zoo. I recommend getting to the gate at least an hour early and bringing a good book!

They do sell food and non-alcoholic beverages inside, as well as provide music, demos, etc. It's usually a really good time. I've worked for the festival in the past, and by the end of the 4 hours, there can be very long lines and very short tempers. But most everyone has a great time and really enjoys the whole experience. However, this is a beer drinking festival after all, and a very few people have been thrown out or arrested by the cops, who patrol quite visibly.

Usually, the better the weather, the more people show up. There are tents for each brewer and vendor, but you can get stuck waiting in the rain. Saturday afternoon is usually the best session to go to. No guarantees...

I have been to the Brew fest a few times. It is fun, just a bunch of tents set up at the waterfront, with a bunch of yummy beers. It can take a while to get in, but it is worth it. When you run out of tokens, just head up to church street. If anyone is out there this weekend, they will probably see my tall shiny head out there consuming some beverages, I live only a few miles up the road.