Vermont Brewers Festival - Excuse to go hiking...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
... or drinking, or whatever. ;)

Every year, I go to the Vermont Brewer's Festival. I try to combine hiking up in that area with the festival. It's coming up the 3rd weekend of July. See here for more information: http://www.vermontbrewers.com

If anyone is interested in meeting at the festival, or up in northern Vermont the 3rd weekend of July, I'll be up in the area Thursday - Sunday 7/14-17.

Last edited:
Tom Rankin said:
... or drinking, or whatever. ;)

Every year, I go to the Vermont Brewer's Festival. I try to combine hiking up in that area with the festival. It's coming up the 3rd weekend of July. See here for more information: http://www.vermontbrewers.com

If anyone is interested in meeting at the festival, or up in northern Vermont the 3rd weekend of July, I'll be up in the area Thursday - Sunday 7/14-17.

Update:

We're planning to hike Lyon Thursday (over near Plattsburgh, NY), and some VT 4Ks Friday and Saturday. Maybe Sunday too.

Tom Rankin said:
Update:

We're planning to hike Lyon Thursday (over near Plattsburgh, NY), and some VT 4Ks Friday and Saturday. Maybe Sunday too.

We're planning to do Abraham and Ellen on Friday 7/15/5. We'd like to do it as a thru-hike, so we need another car. Is anyone up for joining us ?

Tom Rankin said:
We're planning to do Abraham and Ellen on Friday 7/15/5. We'd like to do it as a thru-hike, so we need another car. Is anyone up for joining us ?

One more time!

Now, we're considering doing Abraham and Ellen on Saturday. Any takers? We have possibly 4 so far.

I'll be at the fest on Saturday night with my wife and some friends. We're bagging some VT 100 highest by hiking Pico on Friday and Bread Loaf on Saturday.

See you there.

TenPeaks said:
I'll be at the fest on Saturday night with my wife and some friends. We're bagging some VT 100 highest by hiking Pico on Friday and Bread Loaf on Saturday.

See you there.

Great! If I'm on duty at the front desk, say hi!

If you're up on Bread Loaf, run over to Wilson too, unless you've already done it.

None of us have done Wilson and we would like to bag that peak on this trip, however we don't want to miss the 5:00 start time of the beer fest. Looking at the overall milage we decided to just bag one peak. However, if we're moving fast enough we may go for it. We're hoping to get back to the car by 3:00 so we can get back up to Burlington.

I'll look for you at the fest. I'll be with the gang of dirty, smelly hikers hanging out by the Woodstock Inn booth.

TenPeaks said:
None of us have done Wilson and we would like to bag that peak on this trip, however we don't want to miss the 5:00 start time of the beer fest. Looking at the overall milage we decided to just bag one peak. However, if we're moving fast enough we may go for it. We're hoping to get back to the car by 3:00 so we can get back up to Burlington.

I'll look for you at the fest. I'll be with the gang of dirty, smelly hikers hanging out by the Woodstock Inn booth.

At the lean-to, I dropped my pack, and scooted over to both. It took less than an hour round trip to do each peak individually. See my trip report at:

http://vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6935

As for your booth choice, I heartily agree! Unfortunately, I'll most likely be stuck at admissions that entire session. But as a volunteer, I get certain compensations! :D :D :D

I might get a quick break, so I'll try to stop by if I don't see you sooner.