Via Ferrata Info?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Anybody have experience climbing on Via Ferrata routes in the Alps or the Dolomites?

If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

cb

(Metsky...I am counting on you!)

See Via Ferrata

Yikes!

Hey,

This could be cool!

We'll be in Italy from June 20 to July 5.

I hope to get to the Dolomites and try some of this steel wire climbing! Looks like fun.

cb

Interested???

Cool Ferrata Route

Via Ferrata is definitely cool and a bit scary, depending on your ability to deal with heights and exposure. I was there in August of 2000 and did a bunch of Via Ferratta routes as well as some rock climbing and hiking. The Dolomites are magnificent no matter what you choose to do. Be aware of afternoon thunderstorms. Get out real early to be down by afternoon. We got caught in one and later saw a helicopter picking up a body off a rock climb. You’ll need a regular climbing harness plus a special self-belay device which you can pick up in local climbing shops. Didn’t go to Cortina but to a town called Canezei. If you are serious about going – get the book by Höfler/Werner - Via Ferrata, Scrambles in the Dolomites.

Chris,

Send me an email. Maybe we could hook up over there for a few days if that would be ok with the Mrs. Gathering 7.492?

I'll be spending a few days in Naples and then head up to the Dolomites from there. Been wanting to do this trip for a long time.

- darren