Views and Brews open in New Hampshire!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

What do we do at the site? Is it for gathering a group for a hike and a subsequent brewpub visit, or is it for suggestions and TRs? Do we add our own suggestions?

I would suggest hiking from Dianna's Bath, up Red Ridge to North Moat summit, and down to Lucy Brook and back out for a hike, then over to Moat Mountain Brewpub. (as opposed to the through-hike across the entire ridge).

happy trails :)

Jump up one level and you can learn about the Views & Brews patch... (viewsandbrews.com)

I've done a lot of those hikes and been to a lot of those establishments... no idea on the dates however.

Tim

forestgnome said:
What do we do at the site? Is it for gathering a group for a hike and a subsequent brewpub visit, or is it for suggestions and TRs? Do we add our own suggestions?

I would suggest hiking from Dianna's Bath, up Red Ridge to North Moat summit, and down to Lucy Brook and back out for a hike, then over to Moat Mountain Brewpub. (as opposed to the through-hike across the entire ridge).
You've just given me a suggestion, each 'state' page should point to the 'forums' page. Thanks! :)

http://viewsandbrews.com/forums/

Here, you can organize hikes that end at a pub ( :D ) or post other suggested hikes, trip reports, comments, etc.

I will discuss your suggestion with TenPeaks, thanks!

The hikes on the NH list are only suggestions. The main page was designed to be printed so dates can be recorded and saved for your own records. If you want to do a different hike I added a blank field for you to record that information. In addition, I chose hikes that I felt had a view or interesting feature to visit which anyone, at any hiking level could do.

From what I remember Tom telling me the only criteria to complete the Views and Brews list is to hike at least 1 mile and visit one of the brewpubs within 24 hours. You do not have to do any of the hikes I've suggested to complete the list and the hike does not have to be near the brewpub to count. The advanced hike list is something I've had in mind of doing, so I thought I'd add it to the page just for fun.

If anyone has other hiking/brewpub suggestions I'd love to read about them here and on viewsandbrews.com.

TenPeaks said:
From what I remember Tom telling me the only criteria to complete the Views and Brews list is to hike at least 1 mile and visit one of the brewpubs within 24 hours.
Just one correction, 48 hours. And the hike can be either before or after the pub visit.

Thanks again Tim!

bikehikeskifish said:
Jump up one level and you can learn about the Views & Brews patch... (viewsandbrews.com)

I've done a lot of those hikes and been to a lot of those establishments... no idea on the dates however.

Tim
As long as you've done them since 2004, (the start of VNBs), we'll be happy! :D

Tom, I went to Chelsea Brewing today in the city....my wife had to meet her cousin a few blocks away and we killed time by grabbing a "Checkered Cab ale" and walked along the Hudson river.....The place was closed do to a holiday party but I pulled the old move"but, you see sir, I need to have a beer for the views and brews patch!"...I also bought a growler of ale...will post some pics on your site...also the Brooklyn Bridge was flowing with loads of walkers...

Since my knees hurt maybe I'll check out some NH V@B's if i go to the gathering..

OK, that second link makes it more clear. BTW, lots of familiar screen names ;)

I think the hike I mentioned would be ideal. It's a loop hike with awesome views, and it begins and ends at Dianna's Bath TH, which is a short drive to MM Smokehouse/Brewpub. In fact, there may be a view of the Moats from the pub!

I'll go take a closer look at the website.

happy trails :)

I can claim Isolation and MM Smokehouse/Brewpub in a 48-hour period since 2004. I think that's it though. Everything else was not in a 48-hour period or well before 2004.

Nice view from the porch of MM too!

Tim