Views and Brews - Vermont - Open for Business!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proud Father

I want to thank Tom and Dawn for welcoming me with open arms to the Views and Brews family. This was a blast to research, ponder, and create. It's my first website, so it's a bit simple.

To the visitors: The initial page will be up soon, with the formal greeting like you'd expect from you favorite beer-bellied tap-puller. Until then, check out the list and get crackin!

Your hop-fueled servant,
KY

Edit P.S. And please PM me with corrections, suggestions, and drunken exclamations of your choosing.

Last edited:
But I'm not a list person!

Wow,

Just last week I printed out the list of VT 100 highest and was starting to think about becoming a list person:eek: (BUT JUST FOR THAT! nothing else) and now this comes along. Most excellent. McNeill's is my second office. Thanks Pamola...a great service to the beer drinking/hiking/VT loving community. Is there gonna be a patch to recognize the heroic effort required to both hike and drink? :D

Cheers!

Hey TC! Thought you'd appreciate this!
Tom and Dawn will work out a patch based on their NY one.

McNeill's. What can I say. Best brewpub in America in my opinion, for so many reasons (sorry gritty's).

Yes, hiking with McNeill's beer (this is a website about hiking afterall ;) ) is much better than hiking with Jasper Murdoch's. I think so anyway. It depends on what kind of beers you prefer. McNeill's is in general some pretty hoppy beer. For many that translates into it's stronger tasting or "bitter". Not so. Just tastier! Plus the atmosphere at McNeill's really has to be experienced for true understanding. I recommend the after work crowd on a Wed. - Friday for the best experience. Or perhaps the Saturday late afternoon crowd. (perfect for post hiking). I could go on and on about McNeill's. It's not everyone's kind of place or beer,though.

Well, I gotta get out of here and head over for a pint!

BTW, if you go, watch out for the Imperial IPA..it's a strong beer. Just one of those and I can feel it.

Also, this is not a VT hiking location, but it's close by. There are trails just across the river up Wantastiquet and also in the Madame Cherie (sp) forest that are pretty cool. And Pisgah State Park also has some good pre-pint hiking.

Una_dogger and I will enjoy this one! Ironically, we just ate and drank at the Vermont Brewery & Pub in Burlington yesterday, and drove past Red Rocks Park. Had we known at the time about the list we would have hiked the park!

BTW - the brewery's stout, which was being served at cellar temp and hand-pulled, was fantastic!

MichaelJ said:
Una_dogger and I will enjoy this one! Ironically, we just ate and drank at the Vermont Brewery & Pub in Burlington yesterday, and drove past Red Rocks Park. Had we known at the time about the list we would have hiked the park!

BTW - the brewery's stout, which was being served at cellar temp and hand-pulled, was fantastic!
The minimum requirement is walking a mile within the same 48-hour period, so count it! :D The hikes are suggestions, but the pub visits are MANDATORY! :eek: :D

Tom Rankin said:
The minimum requirement is walking a mile within the same 48-hour period, so count it! :D The hikes are suggestions, but the pub visits are MANDATORY! :eek: :D

We hiked several miles outdoors with the dogs at a wildlife management area within that time frame, so count it we will!
:)

Going to have to add one to Vermont, Granite City Brewpub in beautiful down town Barre VT, at the intersection of Rt 14 and 302. They arent open yet but they look to be soon. I would suggest Spruce Peak as one of the hikes. The mountain bike park might be the other activity.

AMF said:
The only problem hiking with McNeills is the size of the bottle! All that extra weight... :)

Yeah, I've talked to Ray (the owner/brewer) once about whether he could come up with a way to dehydrate his beer for better portability on the trail. He rolled his eyes at me, laughed and said, "I don't think so!" Hey, I tried.

Latest posts