Vose Spur & Scar Ridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Poison Ivy has only two NH peaks left on the New England Hundred Highest list and somehow talk ;) ed us into doing a weekend of bushwhacking with her.

Details are still being worked out but the plan is to hike:
Vose Spur on on Dec. 3 and
Scar Ridge on Dec. 4.

8:30 AM "on the trail" both days.

If anyone is interested in joining us for one or both days, send us a pm or email for details.

not to name names ... but MEB and Bunchberry know the way to within 300' of Scar Ridge :D

skimom said:
not to name names ... but MEB and Bunchberry know the way to within 300' of Scar Ridge :D

Ah - so there was a little exageration - I heard it was within 200 feet :> sorry you guys didn't make it, but you all showed a lot of will power by sticking to your turn around time! Congrats.

We're bringing along neoprene socks we use for kayaking to keep our feet dry and warm for the crossing. Good item to have along this time of the year.

A Bushwackin' We Will Go.......

This hike sounds like too much fun!!!! I'm interested, however have to check the ol' calender. Please keep me in the loop.

Ah Scar Ridge - piece of cake! (Hint - go from Big Rock). :D

But don't forget the true (3774') summit.

bobandgeri said:
Details are still being worked out but the plan is to hike:
Vose Spur on on Dec. 3 and
Scar Ridge on Dec. 4.

8:30 AM "on the trail" both days.

I need both for the NEHH list. If things change I'd love to do one or both, but as of now I am working :mad: the 3rd and taking my friend to Logan Airport :eek: on Sunday. the 4th. If I can get off the 3rd I'll join it.

Tony,
I can't make the 3rd or 4th so don't worry, there will be a return trip in the future to both peaks!
:)

Interested in both, probably Scar Ridge more so. From what I hear, it's a nice one to have behind you. :rolleyes:

keep me posted!
-vegematic

ETA: As of the 26th, the Saturday trip is looking more possible for me than the Sunday trip.

Last edited:
FYI - for anyone doing the Vose Spur hike on Sat:

As of today Sawyer River Rd is still open and drivable to the parking lot 2 miles in. Plan on meeting at the parking lot by the Signal Ridge trail head. We plan to start hiking at 8:30.

bobandgeri said:
FYI -
As of today Sawyer River Rd is still open and drivable to the parking lot 2 miles in. Plan on meeting at the parking lot by the Signal Ridge trail head. We plan to start hiking at 8:30.

I remember someone in this site said Sawyer River Rd is having logging activity, and is gated at night. Hope I'm wrong.

If it is still open tomorrow, I want to do Carrigain.
:D

People were driving it yesterday as well as it still being listed as being opened on the Forest Service page. I saw a posting that Rifle season for deer ends on Sunday, so much more may be closed Monday.

Of course if there should be a foot of snow tonight ..........

Interested in both days....

I'm interested in hiking both days. (two of us)

Thanks,
Earl

Earl - Hi!! We are starting the hike both days at 8:30 AM. Looking forward to meeting you - we hike with your nephew last weekend.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting both of you as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in some winter hikes with you as well. You seem to have some interesting plans.

Earl

Carpool?

My driving route'll be 202 N to 89 S to 93 N - anyone want to carpool from somewhere along the way?

ps Dugan has a tough time with the clutch, so he usually lets me drive

amstony said:
If things change I'd love to do one or both, but as of now I am working :mad: the 3rd and taking my friend to Logan Airport :eek: on Sunday. the 4th. If I can get off the 3rd I'll join it.

Nothing changed, except my knee hasn't improved much........ Enjoy the 2 hikes. There is also a storm coming in early next week, which should help the snow fall levels :D

Tony