Wapack Traverse 3/2/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Early Bird

Reaction score
Wapack End to End 3/2/07

Hi all,
I'm planning a Wapack Trail thru-hike for next Friday. It's about 21 miles over rolling hills in southern NH to the MA border. If anyone is interested let me know, and we can work out the details.
Early Bird

Last edited:
A group of VFTT'ers including myself did this in May '04 and had a great time. If I wasn't going to be sking in Maine next Friday, I would have joined you for all or part of this.

Have a great time!

Hey, hey... There should be no talk of pain in this thread. It might discourage others from joining. ;) The Wapack Trail is gentle, even more so this time of year with a little snow pack. Spread the love for it. :D
RnR, don't worry. I hike this trail a few times a year. You can hopefully catch me on it later.
Marchowes, post your spring trip. We'll hike together eventually.
Quietman, thanks and have fun skiing and I hope to meet you some day as well.

Any bad day of hiking is still better than a good day at the office. :D

Dugan is just referencing the fact that from the half way point on, my left knee was complaining loudly. The 2nd half was completed with a duct tape compression wrap and a basically non-bending leg. It was not caused by the difficulty of the trail, just a bad tendon in my knee.

And I really did enjoy the hike!

Wow, that does sound like something that might merit the mention of the"P" word or of "hurting" in remembrance. I'm with you on the bad hiking being better than a day at the office- or anywhere else for that matter.