Watch out New Hampshire - Here comes Erik!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Quoting article linked below:

'Shortly after his Catskill adventure, Erik Schlimmer said he was planning a similar continuous hike of the 48 4,000-foot peaks in New Hampshire - weather permitting. His Catskill hike featured cool weather, ideal for long-distance walking. In New Hampshire, even in late spring, snow at or near the peaks would be an issue, he said.'

I think he tried already and had to stop Tom due to injury. There is a thread called " Direttissima Attempt" referring to it.

Double Oops! :eek: I had seen that Direttissima Attempt thread, but failed to make the connection when I recently read the Poughkeepsie Journal article, or when I posted in the Catskill Record thread. I had thought it strange that it too so long for the article to appear in Erik's home town newspaper. Perhaps Erik was laid up for a period of time.

But the article ends with:
Schlimmer said he intends on spending the summer pursuing seemingly crazy tasks. "I love a good adventure,'' he said.​
Erik is persistent. He may be back for another try.