Website for Posting Pictures

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Early Bird

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anybody give me some advice on which website is the best to post my pictures? I'm looking for a site that is free, easy for the viewer to use (no sign up required), and has a large storage capacity. I've noticed some of you use Webshots (which I can't access from work-bummer). I have experience with Snapfish, but that has a sign in requirement, and it expires if you don't buy copies from them.
Thanks,
EB

Thanks, Big Earl. I made a lame attempt at a search for a previous thread and didn't come up with anything. I'll try again now knowing results are out there. Meanwhile, the following is what I got when I tried your link:

"Early Bird, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Or you may just be known to take lousy pictures therefore we don't care to have you post them for viewing."

:D Okay, I added that third reason. I like my job and probably should wait to view hiking pictures till I get home anyway, right?

Early Bird,

The thread I referenced is in the Exposure-Nature Photography group. You probably need to join the group to access the thread. That is done via the User Control Panel, on the bottom left. Under Miscellaneous, select Group Memberships and you should see the options to select.

Good luck!

Earl

I probably have a post in that thread, but I use Photobucket.com. It is simple, easy to clip pics (it has an IMG link so you don't have to do any fiddling with the URL) and free. There may be better ones, but for simply getting pics posted on sites that use an off-site link for posting pics, it works just fine.

As Earl said, you need to join the group then it shows up in your list of forums. But I found the User CP on the top left in the dark blue stripe at the top of the page. The rest of the directions are right-there is a message about the new group in the Site Help forum.

Last edited:
I switched from Webshots to Photobucket.

Webshots is too slow with my archaic dial-up. Photobucket is free (with upgrade option), easy, and allows tons of storage. After loading an image, there is a handy URL link that you simply click on once to copy.

After setting up an account, just bookmark your album page.

Happy Trails :)

forestgnome said:
Webshots is too slow with my archaic dial-up.

Webshots is extremely slow for many people, even those with dedicated lines such as myself. They made some changes to the site at the end of 06 that have killed its performance. It can take 45-90 seconds to load a single image from an album. Painful!

I have my own hosting, but fwiw I know several people who swear by Photobucket for hosting albums. If you need to host single images for use in forums and such, try Image Shack: http://imageshack.us/

Thanks for the Info

Thank you everyone. I've gone with Picasa for now. After researching and researching (and viewing countless great photos out there) I figured I'd go with a free trail to begin with and upgrade or switch later if needed. So far I do really like the way Picasa and Picasa Web Album work together. And it found pictures on my computer I didn't even know were there-some that I took before I even bought this computer. Bonus!
Anyway for anyone interested here is my first picture post:
http://picasaweb.google.com/VFTT.EarlyBird/CTATApril07

Early Bird,

I just viewed your first attempt at posting a slideshow.....

Very nice! :D

Now, keep 'em coming!

Earl

Latest posts